Are You Ready For The Rains?ikj
Ready For The Rains?
- Ensure branches are trimmed so they do not make contact with wet power lines
- Ensure all electrical wiring in your building is safe and properly installed
- Stay away from any downed power lines, poles or leaning poles.
- Do not touch any electrical appliance with wet hands
- Do not drive over any downed power cable
- When in a very heavy storm, find a safe place to park and wait out the storm.
- Do not stand under or near power installations during rainfall,
- Do not try to lift or evacuate a downed pole after a storm. It may still be energized.
- Do not turn on ANY electrical device or appliance that is wet.
- Ensure there are no poles, antennae or naked wires located near power lines
- If untrained in electrical safety and hazards management, please do not attempt to free someone who has made contact with a live power line. Call the Fire Service or Ikeja Electric immediately.
- Carry out an external examination of your premises to ensure it is safe from electrical hazards during this season.
- Where there is a Power Cut after rains, do not attempt to fix yourself and do not call a quack technician. Refer any fault to IE through our Customer Service Contacts.
- For any other Safety Concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org